Friday, September 23, 2011

A Real Politician

I try to read the editorial section and letters to the editor of the democrat gazette every day. If you never have, I absolutely recommend it. It's an opportunity to really see what people think.

You can argue all you want that the democrat is far left, or far right. (yes both arguments are out there), but when it comes to the letters to the editor, you truly get a look into the people of Arkansas. The ideas, morals, concepts that are TRULY out there.

I was an article by my guilty pleasure editorialist Gene Lyons that really  made me think. He spoke about how fortunate we are that Michelle Bachman's advisors abandoned her, because we truly get to see her  for the crazy person that she is.

Here's what made me think. And yes, this is going to go against everything I'm studying in college, and the defining of my future.

It made me think why? Why do politicians need advisors for their demeanor, for their thoughts, for their actions. Yes I understand that we want our politicians to be stable. But before elections, when we are truly trying to figure out who we are voting for, why can't we see this true person.

Yes Michelle Bachman is a crazy. lol. But she's PASSIONATE. She knows what she believes, and people will vote for her for that reason. Because she KNOWS what she believes and people KNOW what they believe. So those people are now being given the opportunity to have their crazy ideals represented on a larger scale.

Now allow to me to point out that in no way am I promoting Michelle Bachman. I'm promoting having politicians that will tell me what they are capable of doing. Candidates that will tell me what they ACTUALLY want to make happen while they are president/mayor/governor/representative/judge. NOT what they think we want to hear.

Voting for a whole lot of people that like to dress up as adults and play politics is getting old. I want people that will scream at the injustice. In the constitution of America it says that if we see corruption that we not only have the right, but the responsibility to do something about it.

I want a politician that KNOWS they have that responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment