Friday, April 1, 2011

Dreamers

Staring out the window
hand resting on the pane
so little separates so much
but really who's to blame

I let this pane stand in my way
as I slowly suffocate
fresh air less than an inch away
could I appreciate

all that the world could offer me
if I climbed out on a limb
right out this window I could go
I'd do it simply on a whim

But would I fall right from that branch
to that unforgiving ground
would people stand and criticize me
would no one make a sound

They could whisper that I'm crazy
that I must have lost my mind
how could I dare to break the norm
to skip my daily grind

Or will that one child see me
staring out the window too
my actions speaking louder than words
and he'd watch me follow through

Maybe he'll climb out on that branch
and make it to the edge
and see the sight we're meant to see
when we make our pledge

we're promised life and liberty
one point seems valued less
we forget the most important part
the pursuit of happiness

we forget we have to chase it
or else it'd be a gift
and it's the people who have given up
who tend to cause the rift

between the robots and the dreamers
they rarely intertwine
pick a side of the fence
and don't you cross the line

Most choose to be a robot
no emotion means no pain
but me, I'll keep on dreaming
out of my foggy window pane

1 comment:

  1. weird imagery i got from this: 1. squirrels jumping around tree branches outside the window.
    2. (in reference to the child watching)- baby birds falling out of the nest. sad day. probably not so much what you were going for, but im on the robot side.

    and

    great song that goes quite well with this theme. since i assume i cant upload music to your post, here goes

    'cuz they can call me crazy if i fail
    All the chance that i need
    Is one-in-a-million
    And they can call me brilliant
    If i succeed
    Gravity is nothing to me, moving at the speed of sound
    I'm just going to get my feet wet
    ...
    And i've got a lack of information
    But i got a little revelation
    And i'm climbing up on the railing
    Trying not to look down
    I'm going to do my best swan dive
    In the shark-infested waters
    I'm gonna pull out my tampon
    And start splashing around

    ReplyDelete